Sunday, November 1, 2009

A look at our busy lives!

Life has been pretty hectic in our house but we are surviving! Brian is really enjoying his master's program. He has about the same amount of work to do but more is expected of him so it is hard in that sense. His favorite class is "Race and Ethnicity" because he gets to read a lot of interesting books and they have good conversation. One of the guys in his cohort makes lunch for them every Thursday. He goes all out (I don't know how he has the time). Last week he made ribs, potatoes and creamed corn. I'm so glad he does that because we don't have to worry about making a meal that packs well as leftovers. GREAT NEWS! The paper Brian has been working on for a year got a revise and resubmit from the editors. His paper should be turned in before the end of the year and published sometime next year. He is super excited. He is also working on 2 presentations for the pacific sociological association conference in April. This is good because he can meet professors from other schools and get some experience. Brian has been keeping busy with his calling (only 10 more months).
School has been moving pretty fast for me. When people ask how school is going I respond by saying "it isn't stopping". I thought it was unbearable being a senior in high school, but I have senioritis WAY worse than I did then. I got really sick for about a week and got behind in school and bombed a test, but I'm almost caught up now. :) I have 5 classes and a 300 hour internship left and I will be done with school. I'm taking my last 2 health classes this semester and then all I have left are some generals that I can take independent study. I am going to try to wiz through them next semester (we will see). I heard the history classes independent study are super easy. This makes me happy because I am not excited to take those ones. I am kind of sad to be done with health classes because I really liked them a lot. I had a really good weekend because I decided to clean the house really well and finally decorate and I feel like I'm at home now instead of just in an apartment.
Calvin is as cute as ever! Last week he rolled over a few times, but hasn't done it since. I bought him a mirror to lay against the wall and ever since he LOVES tummy time. He will just stare at, smile and talk to himself. It is way fun to watch. I can't believe he is already 3 months old though!


Calvin just after church in his white shirt. I have been wanting to take a picture of him dressed up with Brian, but by the time Brian gets home he has pooped on or messed his shirt in some way.

He had gas yesterday morning so I bunched his legs up. He farted and fell back asleep. What a silly little boy. The gas drops don't work very well. Any suggestions? He won't stay asleep because of gas lately.
What can I say? He likes to eat.
Sometime I just give him a bath because he likes them so darn much. Isn't he a cutie?
Below are some videos I took of him playing with his new toys (a mirror and a junkie homemade toy that I made).



That is all I have time for. Enjoy your week!

3 comments:

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

With Lillie I remember having "running time" we would lay her on her back and taker her legs and make them move really fast (but gently) like she is running a race then we would help her squeeze out all the farts (the same way you do with Calvin) and repeat for about 20 min before it was time for her to sleep. The exercise motion seemed to help a lot and just getting out as much as possible before she went to sleep. hope this makes since

JD and Ash said...

Hey, I didn't know you had a blog! Glad you shared it on facebook or I never would have known! Here is mine jdandash.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

You are too creative! You have Mommy voice now! Hope you guys are doing well!