
Brian is in his second semester of grad school and he is enjoying it thoroughly. He is still working for the same professors on the same projects he did last semester. Last week he resubmitted his article on marathons to the Journal of Leisure Research. He is super exited about that. In addition to classes and work, he has been preparing for the PSA conference coming up April 8th through 11th in Oakland, California. He is presenting twice. One presentation is on MTV's "True Life" as a type of qualitative research and the other is on how people talk about immigration in public forums. In the short time we've been married, we haven't spent time apart. It is right before finals week, so if anybody wants to come and stay with me for a few days (mom?) to help with Calvin while I finish up my semester, that would be awesome! Brian is a great husband and dad and I enjoy life with him. He always wants to take Calvin, even when it is an inconvenience so I can get things done. I am really grateful for all he does.
I am enjoying myself a lot lately. I started exercising regularly again. We don't own a scale so I don't know how much weight I've lost but I'm looking and feeling a lot better lately. I am almost done with school! I'm taking 12 credits this semester. I like my classes a lot! I'm taking 2 history classes, a literature class, teachings of the living prophets, weight management and... my favorite, beginning swimming. I have always hated history and was not excited to take these classes, but I realized that is because of my BORING high school history classes. My swimming class is a lot of fun. I have always been terrified of going under water without plugging my nose, but after going to class twice a week and practicing on Saturdays, I'm almost comfortable with the idea. After this semester I have 300 hours of internship and 2 classes. I am shooting for an August graduation and I think it might actually happen!
Calvin is as cute as ever. He has been sleeping 10 to 12 hours a night and he takes good naps now. He LOVES to eat bananas and gets mad if I don't share mine with him. We can't get enough of his gummy smile and all the joy he brings into our lives. Sometimes I start to think "why didn't we wait to get pregnant, I would have only had one more semester of school," but then I am reminded of how special Calvin is and being super busy is worth having him around.
I could write all day, but I'll save you the reading. Until next time, have a super good day and remember how much you are blessed!
4 comments:
Super cute picture! Calvin is getting so big!!If you ever need help with babysiting just let me know, Jamie and I could use all the practice before our little one due in July!
I don't know about you, but I don't think I'd classify a marathon in with leisure.
Cute post! Sounds like you guys are blissfully happy! Good luck to Brian at the conferences!
Still need help around April?
Post a Comment