This valentines was fun! I wanted to do something extra special for Brian this year. We played a board game "Pandemic" over the Christmas break, and Brian loved it. Ever since then he's been asking if that could be the next game we purchased. I had it mailed to our friends' house so that he wouldn't see it, but if any of you know me, I cannot keep a secret. I tried really hard for about a week and a half, but just a few days shy of today, I let Brian open it. He got a huge smile on his face, like a little boy opening his Christmas present, and the first thing he said was "when do we get to play?" He is so excited that we get to play tonight. I've been working really hard at not eating a lot of fat and sugar lately, so much to Brian's dismay, I haven't been baking much lately. Since his language of love is goodies, I made him sugar cookies last night.
A few nights ago, Brian said he needed to stay up late to finish some homework, so I went to bed at 9 and he didn't come until midnight(he wasn't doing homework). He also said he needed to make a phone call and needed the car, but I couldn't come with him. I knew something fishy was going on. For valentines, he wrote the story of how we met, put a picture of us on the front, and had a mini book made. It is sweet.
On the last page he wrote... I still smile myself to sleep when I think about how much you love me. Thank you for being my wife and letting me spend the rest of my life with you. It only took you a few days to become my best friend, and no one will ever be able to replace you. I have never loved anyone so much. Looking back, I can start to realize how little I knew about happiness, love and perfection before I met you. Thank you for promising to be with me for all eternity I know we can't understand how long eternity is right now, but just knowing that we will be together through all of it gives me hope and courage. I am so excited to raise our children together, grow old together, and spend the rest of my life with you. I know that we will be happily married even after our lives are over because we were sealed in the temple. Our family is a forever family that no one can take away from us, and that means everything to me. I love you, Erin!
Yours Forever,
Brian
2 comments:
Oh my gosh! That's SO sweet!
wow,you are putting the rest of us to shame.... Better get on the stick huh?
Post a Comment