He also has a blue rocking toy that we got him for his birthday. He enjoys playing on that too, and it's also a lot of fun.
What's not fun, however, is when Calvin decides he's old enough to climb onto regular chairs and use them to rock. Do regular chairs rock? They're not supposed to. Calvin learned that today.
Ok. So he had a good time. I shouldn't say that it wasn't fun.
I recognized the danger and pulled him off of the chair. Not one minute later (after I turned my back) he was back on the chair again. Not two seconds later, he was off the chair, flat on his back. He fell off the chair twice today. I'm not sure what to do to keep him from climbing on it again.
And this is Calvin after he fell the first time. He sure was sad.

2 comments:
I had to teach my kids how to get down safely. Once they figured that out they stopped falling and stopped climbing off of something they couldn't get off of.
Erin!
I love readin' ya'll's blog, too! I sure do miss seein' Calvin around! I can't believe how big he's gotten! You and Brian sure make cute kids! Keep up the good work! ;)
P.S. I have a little nephew that has the same rockin' idea. His newest endeavor is climbing on top of shelves to play drums on the other shelves. They just gotta learn the hard way sometimes. After a few boncks--they might get it. Hopefully. It's nerve-racking for Mommas though. I don't have a solution for that. Sorry. =D
Post a Comment