I checked the car a couple of times, and we turned the living room upside down looking for it. It wasn't in any of the places it should have been. Then this morning (it sounds cheesy I know) we said a prayer, and five minutes later we found it at the bottom of the garbage bag that Erin had already taken outside but hadn't put in the big dumpster yet (which is good because it's been emptied since Monday). It had settled to the very bottom of the bag and it was so gross. It was covered in pork and cabbage from the egg rolls I made for dinner on Monday, and I might have to get a new wallet because I'm not sure it will clean up very well. I guess that's what we get for praising Calvin when he throws garbage away, but it was also an opportunity to see that prayers really work and that my losing my wallet matters to God, who helped us find it. We might have to get a smaller garbage to keep under the sink though, I'd prefer not to need any more miracles for a while!
1 comment:
That's great and gross at the same time!
Post a Comment