Thursday, October 9, 2014

Ms. Rebecca Boo!




**Back in June/July, I decided I'd do a blog post on each member of the family and what they enjoy.  I wrote this post back in July and never posted it.  I must have had one or two extra things I wanted to write and just forgot about my blog.  This was about Rebecca at 2 1/2 years old exactly.  Everything is the same, except she speaks much better just 3 months later.
1. Singing
Rebecca is our little singer.  Calvin has always been one to sing, but she just tops the cake on this one.  She sings every song that she hears.  She has most of this year's primary songs memorized,  I need thee every hour, I kneel to pray, a lot of the nursery rhyme songs, a peanut sat on the railroad track, the Psych theme song and more I'm sure.  I love her voice so much.  She craves singing time each day and will initiate it on her own if I don't.

2. All By Myself!

She loves to do things all by herself and gets annoyed and sometimes angry when we try to help her speed the process up.  She wants to do everything that Calvin does and heaven forbid anybody help her.  :)  It takes us about 10 minutes to get into the car because she wants to climb into her seat all by herself, put her buckles on and tighten her car seat straps by herself.  It's the same getting out of the car.  If anybody even touches the door, she gets upset about not being able to shut it by herself.  I'd say that doing things by herself are what make her feel most satisfied, and getting help is probably the main cause of most of her fits these days.

3. Playing outdoors
She loves to climb, swing, climb, bike, climb, run, climb, hike, camp, draw with chalk, swim, and ride in the stroller.  She's always loved being outside, even when she was just a small baby.  There have been so many times over the last few months where I find her at the door with no pants or underwear and a pair of shoes on.  We've been potty training and most days she runs around nude, but when she wants to go out, she skips the pants part.  I love it!



4. Art
She loves doing crafts.  She likes painting, coloring with any type of tool, and scissors.  She loves to play with scissors!








5. Reading















I love laying next to her bed at night and reading books.  She's been into counting the different objects on each page.  This week her two favorite books are "Where's Spot" and "Hello Summer" (a hello kitty book).  She loves the books with few words, bold colors and simple illustrations.  Mostly though, she likes to have somebody read to her.  She seems to just sit there quietly while taking everything in.











6. Parks
She loves to go to the park.  It doesn't matter what toy she is on or if she's playing in the dirt, bark or sand, she just enjoys being at the park.  She even loved it as a little baby.  Her favorite at the moment is any park with swings (apparently swings aren't a common thing in Layton, Utah).













7. Making Jokes
She loves to make jokes or play trickster.  Her favorite joke that she made up is "One time there was a train in the tunnel and it hit Becca (insert fart sound with mouth here)."  It's totally not funny, but for some reason, she just can't stop laughing at herself and she repeats it for 5 minutes at a time.
8. Giggling
This girl loves a good giggle.  She doesn't have the belly laugh of Calvin's, but it is the cutest thing that comes out of her mouth.  She even snorts when we get her going (just like mom).
9. Cooking and washing dishes
She really enjoys being involved in everything we do.  Lately she has been washing dishes (more like our floor) with me.  She mostly fills cups and dumps them out for an hour at a time.  Today she took interest in rinsing the "yuckies"(crumbs) off of the dirty dishes before I loaded them into the dishwasher.  She also liked rinsing the bubbles off of the dishes I hand washed.  If there is any ingredient that needs to be dumped into a bowl or pan, she's your gal.  She loves to cook the food.  I find that my kids enjoy eating what they cooked more often than not.
10. She loves to be held (all the time), cuddled, kissed and hugged.  Rebecca's language of love is touch and time!

Rebecca funnies
I used to post a lot of things Calvin did to make me laugh when he was younger.  I am so glad I wrote them down.  I want to remember how funny Rebecca was as well.  Here are her most recent funny or cute sayings or actions.
At church she fondled my chest and said, "Mom are these babies in your tummy?"
Missionary- Mishia-may-ee
Chocolate- Cha-lock-it
air conditioner- airgishner
umbrella- ungella
conductor- duckterd
Hello Kitty- Hell no kitty
discovery- govened
Popcorn and a movie after playing in the flash flood for an hour.

I can't believe this was her one year ago!


No comments: