You would think I would have figured this out by now. So I always get C's or below on my exams. I study super hard and receive no rewards. I'm taking this super awesome Nutrition class right now, but it is the most difficult class ever (besides calculus and religion courses). I didn't have much time to study for this test, but I studied one out of the three chapters, and made flash cards. This probably took me an hour in a half with at least half of that time sleeping or staring at other people in the library. I got an 83%. The last Exam I took, I studied for 4 hours and got a 68%. I just had a New Testament quiz. I did not study at all and I missed 2 questions. The last New Testament quiz I studied for 2 hours and I got a 74%. I think I finally figured out that I'm not really and idiot, I just study too hard!
So here is my question. Do I study hard for my Stats midterm coming up next week, or do I take my chances and not study too hard? Was my run of good test and quiz scores today just a twist of fate? Tell me what you think.
We can't post our Christmas pictures because our power cord for the laptop is broken, and we are too poor to buy a new one. Bummer. I was actually going to do it and then about a month ago it broke. Sorry everybody who we told to check our blog for our Christmas pictures.
4 comments:
My advice on studying is that it is a good thing to do but you reach a point where extra studying will not do you any good. It might even make you over think the material. So, study until you feel comfortable and then stop and don't second guess yourself when you are taking the test. Good luck with your tests! I kind of like not having to take tests anymore!
You finally updated your blog!
I think you probably haven't quite figured out what works for you when studying. If I sit and read and read I will never retain information nor will I organize it in my head into any meaningful order. Making flash cards works really well for me especially with things like vocabulary and formulas. People will tell you that rewriting notes is a waste of time but actually rewriting the information on notecards and then quizzing myself really works.
Also try grouping your card into similiar groups. For example, I just had a test in my constitutional law class and so I made a card for each case and then put them into groups. When I was taking my test I knew the info for each case but I also knew there were 3 major free speech cases and was able to remember them as a group. If you take any cognitive learning classes, this is called linking. When you remeber one piece of material the other pieces linked to it will be remembered also.
This is what works for me, and I stop when I am tired just like Michelle said. You will figure out what works for you. Good Luck!
You never game us an update. Did you study or not and what were the results?
Erin, Hey how are you? Two things: 1. I think there may be a opening in my apartment complex. Check out totalproperty.net, I live in the Flinders apts, they're inexpensive, close to campus and totally livable.
2. Did you get the email from Liz about our W-2's. If not let me know and I will forward you the email.
I miss see all the Atlas girls, I hope everything is going great for you and Brian!
Post a Comment