Saturday, January 19, 2008

First post of 2008

School started again, and Erin and I are both looking forward to most of our classes. Erin is taking some nutrition and public health classes that she likes, and she is already learning a lot. She also likes her statistics class and her New Testament professor seems to be pretty good. I am in a couple of sociology classes, one for theory and one for research methods. Those are both really invigorating and I am excited to read my textbooks, so that's a good sign. I am also in persuasive writing. It is a real challenge, and I have to do a lot of very concrete and very abstract thinking at the same time, and it's a lot of fun. The class seems to go by quickly every day. And I'm in volleyball and a Spanish grammar class.
Erin also has started her new job, doing custodial work in the Benson Building, and is working more hours than she has ever worked during school. She comes home all tuckered out, but she likes her job and the people that she works with. And she likes bringing home paychecks that are on average 65 times bigger than mine.
I'm still a busser at Brick Oven, and I love my job. I've been there almost 7 months, so I'm starting to get some good shifts and good pay. It's really a fun job. And it's fun to know that sometimes Erin and I are sweeping floors at the same time.
So our life is good, and we're both really excited for our classes and we both like our jobs and really, everything is going very well. We meant to put some of our Christmas pictures up, but we haven't gotten around to it yet. We have some really good ones, and we're excited to share our pictures and our stories.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I like the new layout! How is life going for you?