Saturday, November 3, 2007

Brian and I are on a thrifty grocery shopping craze. Does anybody have any cool advice? Let us know. Also, If anybody has some cool recipes that only require a few ingredients and little time, let us know. We would love to hear from you!

2 comments:

emilie s. d. p. said...

Potatoes!!! They are so cheap and you can do so much with them. All you really need is salt, butter, and maybe some cheese.
A really good easy recipe that we love is Ranch Chicken. Just put a Tbps. of flour in a zip-lock bag. Add 2/3 cup of ranch dressing (which you can usually find on sale or some cheap off-brand). Then put a piece of thawed chicken in, make sure it gets covered with the ranch and then bake it in the over for 20 minutes. It's really good with potatoes too.

Shannon said...

I use ground turkey instead of ground beef in a lot of my recipes, you can buy it frozen for $1 a pound. I can't live without meat, so I have to buy cheap meat. Also, there's a section of most meat departments that has meats that are about to expire so they get marked down substantially to get them sold. They usually pull the old stuff from their shelves at the end of the day and mark it down, so when I shop in the evening I find the best stuff and get first pick.