Tuesday, April 8, 2008

One Sweet Deal!

Brian and I decided that we wanted to spend his "hustle bucks" at Brick Oven last night for family home evening before his last day of work. First off, hustle bucks are brick oven dollars Brian gets for hustling at work if you didn't already figure that out. We can only use them if he is a current employee.
Because it was Monday night, there were tons of families at Brick Oven so the wait in the lobby was pretty long. Luckily it's just the two of us and we could afford to stay out late. Then we had to wait for a long time for our food. The couple next to us (they were in their late 50's probably) were getting frustrated because they weren't getting their food. Brian's manager pulled him aside so the other angry couple wouldn't hear and told Brian that the kitchen didn't get our order because they didn't put it in the computer, so he took off the pasta charge on our bill.
Now that you've heard the story, here is our super sweet deal. The "feast for two" and a drink, a value of $22.99 turned into a feast for two costing us only... $3.16! Brian had $9.00 off with his hustle bucks and then the pasta charge was taken off, and don't forget his 25% discount.
Oh, and Brian would like to let you all know just how much food we got for only $3.16. We got a bowl of tasty cream of broccoli soup, a pasta dish of our choice, a basket of garlic bread, a GIANT cookie and a pizza. Don't forget, we each got what I just listed.
Have you ever had a deal like that? Beat that!

5 comments:

Saralyn said...

I am so glad you updated your blog!

I can't beat the deal you listed on food but I did just get some pretty cool news. I filled out an application for a training scholarship for work. I get to go to Chicago for 4 days in late May and my Hotel and almost all meals are free. In addition, I got a separate scholarship to pay for the flight through my professional association so I am basically going to go to Chicago for free! I hope Hector does not have to start work before then because all we would have to pay is his flight and then he can stay in my free room! I will let you know how it works out.

By the way, is Brian quitting the Brick Oven already? I thought he had to work through the summer?

emilie s. d. p. said...

Impressive. Can't say I've ever eaten that good for that cheap.
I hope you guys got some delicious root beer too!

Sorry my internet froze yesterday on google chat, as I was writing you back it kicked me off line, sad. How's it going?

Erin said...

He doesn't start his research job until fall, but he has a summer job set up already. That's cool about Chicago. It sounds like fun. Are you going to go and watch Oprah? ;)

Caroline said...

You went to Brick Oven without me?? *sniff* *sniff*

Just kidding. I've never heard of such an awesome deal before! Good for you! See you soon!

Michelle said...

Sounds like a good deal but I think Brick Oven does that a little to often. Last summer we got our whole meal for our family of four for free! It was a good deal but not a fun wait. It was fun to talk to you today, we are looking forward to seeing you soon!