Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Haircut and a really good cake recipe



I have been wanting to cut my hair for the longest time, but am not willing to fork out the few dollars it costs to get done. I hate when I have long hair because if I wear it down, it just gets in my way, but I get tired of putting it in a pony tail all the time. Because I am sick of the pony tail and scraggly long hair, I finally decided that it is OK to spend a few dollars to cut my hair. We made a trip to Great Clips and got it done. Here are some before and after pictures.

Brian's grandma gave me a really yummy chocolate cake recipe and it doesn't even call for eggs! I thought I would share it because it is my favorite cake that I bake.

Mix together: 2 1/4 c flour, 1 1/2 c sugar, 3/4 tsp. salt, 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 3 Tbsp cocoa.
make 3 holes, pour in: (hole 1) t Tbsp vinegar, (hole 2) 1/2 c. oil, (hole 3) 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
pour: 1 1/2 c ilk over all of mixture
bake: 350 for 30 - 35 min

For the frosting I usually make the powder sugar kind and add a little cocoa to it.

8 comments:

Saralyn said...

Your hair looks good. I made an appointment for a haircut on wednesday and i was thinking of doing something similiar. I hope you won't get mad if we have the same haircut.

Erin said...

heck no! I copied the girl I work with. I did it shorter in the back so I don't get hot and sweaty if I leave it down because it doesn't touch my neck.

Michelle said...

Cute hair! I love a new haircut and yours looks great. I don't bake cakes very often but next time I do I will have to try your cake recipe, I hope school is going well. Crazy snow pictures!

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

your hair looks great I really want to try out that recipe. FYI I love shorter hair too and hate spending the money. I use to go to the the Paul Mitchel school of hair Phase 2, don't go to Phase 1 its the people that have very little experiance Phase 2 have been going for about a year. It's only 12$ and I have always loved my hair cuts from there. It is right my golds gym on 900 east.

Erin said...

Oh, and the cake goes REALLY well with strawberry ice cream!!!!!!!!

Heather said...

I love your hair cut! You look great:)

emilie s. d. p. said...

I love the new cut! It looks fantastic.
That cake sounds delicious too, I'll have to make it soon.

Britters said...

your hair is so cute!! i love it! and i miss your face!!