Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lots of Changes




This has been the wildest and happiest month I think we have ever had. Calvin joined our family just shy of 4 weeks ago and it has gone by very fast. He is getting bigger, stronger and smarter every day. Last week we played a game where Calvin stared at us for 30 minutes and eventually copied me as I kept sticking out my tongue. He seemed to be concentrating very hard. Now he just sticks it out like it is the easiest thing to do. He loves tummy time and can move his head from side to side without a fuss. It is so fun to see him learn new things and become stronger so quickly. We gave him his first bath a while ago and he LOVES it. I think being naked or in a diaper is his favorite part of the day. He doesn't even cry when he pees on his face. We are so grateful Calvin is finally here. He really is a blessing. It is wonderful to think that I am fulfilling the role Heavenly Father has given me.



Brian is a wonderful father. He has been from the time I got pregnant. He never complained and even made me 3 dinners a night when I was sick (of course I didn't even eat one of them). Every night when I'm feeding Calvin he comes in to ask if "we need a dad". He is wonderful.

School started on Monday. It is a lot harder than we anticipated. Brian started the Masters program. We only have one class that overlaps on Tuesday and Thursday mornings (babysitters anyone?) so we are trying the switching method of babysitting.

Brian also just got a new calling. He is the 2nd Counselor in a singles ward bishopric. We are sad to have to leave our ward for a year, but I'm sure we'll learn a lot and have fun while we're there.

So, in summary, we've had a really crazy month.

7 comments:

Sam said...

Oh I'm sad that we won't get to watch him grow every week... I guees we do just live down the road :) Wha time do you need a sitter? I might be able to swing it. Let me know. Congrats he is beautiful :)

Michelle said...

What a fun and crazy month! I am glad Calvin is doing well and that you are enjoying him. Good luck with school. Did you say on facebook you got a new job? What are you doing?

Erin said...

I'm a TA for one (maybe 2) health classes. It is only 5 1/2 hours a week and I can work from home so it shouldn't be too terrible.

Stephanie James said...

In the bishopric already? You know what that means... It has only just begun! I dont have class Tuesday and Thrusday until 11:30 maybe if you are in a really big jam you can let me know and I can help, that is if you trust me with your baby! :)

Geneen said...

I can always babysit, so feel free to call!

Erin Gibbons said...

So fun to see your pictures, hear about how much you love being a mother and how your life is going! Wish we could see Calvin, and sorry you have to leave the ward, at least you're still there with the people!

Laura Morris said...

Hey I heard that Brian got put in the bishopric in a student ward, good luck! We'll miss you on sundays, but stay in touch!