I mean to blog regularly... Really I do! A lot has happened since the last update.
We finished the craziest part of school (hopefully). I didn't get any of the internships I applied for, so I've been enjoying a TON of time at home with Calvin and Brian. Our schedules are wide open for the most part, and we've been able to travel a little bit. We went to American Falls for Mother's Day and to Boise for Memorial Day (and Michael's graduation).
Calvin wants nothing but to be outside. For example, yesterday I took him for a walk at 8:30 am. He fell asleep on the walk and as soon as he woke up at 10:30 we were back outside until 12:00. We had church from 1 to 4, and he spent another hour and a half outside before bed. He also likes playing in the bath and going swimming. He likes to splash and watch for our reactions. So cute! We just bought our season passes to 7 peaks water park. Hopefully I remember to take my camera with.
Brian is almost done with his class. He teaches one more time, then all that's left is grading the last of the homework and the final exam. He had a good time teaching and feels like it was a successful term overall. We're not sure yet what his schedule will be like during summer term, but he's trying to get hired on again as a research assistant.
Brian's paper on marathon runners finally got accepted for publication. It will be showing up in Journal of Leisure Research in the first issue of 2011. It's been over two whole years since he started developing interview questions and finding people to talk to, but it's finally finished!
Calvin knows three words now. He started saying "mama" and "dada" the week before Mother's Day, and while we were in Boise he learned the word "up". Now he crawls up our legs and says "up" (sounds more like "uuuuuu... bph") several times a day. He's so deliberate and careful. Sometimes when he's feeling a little more timid it comes out as a whispered "uh puh puh".
Calvin Eating Spaghetti
2 comments:
Update since writing the blog last night... Brian got a job as a research assistant and will be taking some thesis credits summer term.
We should have a play date with our former grad lab immate kiddos.
I just think its a little funny that a paper on marathons is being published in a journal of leisure.
Post a Comment