Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Calvin's new found freedom

We decided to transition Calvin to a bed this morning. I put him down for a nap at 12:15 (It is now 2:00). He loves not being stuck in his crib and has been awake the whole time. I decided that I would just let him do his own thing, sleep or not, but that he would have to stay in the room for the full 2 1/2 hours that he normally naps. He is so funny today! I have been listening to him talk to his stuffed animals for the last 2 hours. He has knocked on his door about 6 times asking to get out. Each time I go in, he opens the door and says (with a gigantic smile on his face) "hieee mamma!" I proceed to say "time for sleeping Calvin, lets get in your bed." As I lay him down, he grins and says "bye mommy, sleeping". Now when I walk in he says "hieee mamma!" and then I say time to sleep and he runs to his bed, climbs in, and makes the funniest face ever. The -I am going to pretend like I will stay in my crib, and you have no idea that I am just playing- face. This is so much fun. He cried the first time I made him get back in, but now it is just super fun to be alone with his animals in his room. I am sure night time won't be as fun because I will be trying to sleep, but that is ok. It will be nice when he can just play in his room for a while in the morning while I get a few more zzzzz's.

No comments: