Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Calvin's new found entertainment and some complaints

Calvin has been coming up with ways to play with himself. I have been so sick with this pregnancy that we have only left the house maybe 10 times since the beginning of June. He likes to empty his toy boxes and then throw them on his head while running around saying "box monster! ooo ga booga booga booga..." He also likes to sit in them, count to three and then fall backwards. He likes to stack them and then kick them down. He's taken up falling off of the couch headfirst. He started by putting his head on the ground and then falling, then he just started to fall off headfirst, and now he puts his head on the couch and then falls (which looks like he is going to break his neck). He does sommersaults and calls them donkey flips. It's been quite entertaining. Here are a few videos of Calvin playing.



On another note, I have been feeling a lot better the last 3 days! I still feel really gross, but I don't stare at the clock all day waiting for Brian to come home and give me relief! I tried to keep exercising even while I was sick, but every time ended up in disaster. I would have the shakes for the next few hours, and my nausea would kick into high gear until bedtime. I was sad to give it up for a while, but Yesterday I was able to get out for a nice hike in the morning, and today I went on a good brisk uphill walk with the stroller without it ruining the rest of my day. Now that I just wrote that, I'll probably get super sick again, but it's been nice so far the last few days.

My stomach is starting to get bigger (mostly from just gaining weight), but I am starting to show as well. Because of that, I can no longer sleep comfortably on my stomach. I HATE sleeping on my sides! But on the up note, I get to hear the heartbeat tomorrow, which is always exciting for me.

6 comments:

Devin & Rebecca said...

I had no idea you were expecting again! That is so exciting; congratulations!

sienna said...

yay for feeling better! i hope it continues. good job getting out and exercising even when you don't feel like it. it was fun to see you guys on saturday.

Katie!! said...

pregnant??? YAY!!! how exciting! when are you due??

Anonymous said...

Hey! ( c : I want to see you...& my little buddy Calvin too ( c : Andy said that you are going out of town for a week or so... but when you get back we should get together...please!!! ( c :

Stephanie James said...

I didn't know you were pregnant again!! Congrats! Keep us updated

Erin Gibbons said...

When I saw you updated I thought to myself, "Hey, maybe they're announcing that they're pregnant!" I had no idea you were pregnant, congratulations! When are you due?