I'm feeling grateful today. As Easter approaches and as I've been feeling the need for a Savior, I feel comforted to know that somebody knows my heart and feels the pains, sorrows, anger, loneliness, etc. that I feel each day. I have been praying for something to lift my spirits and calm my soul. Those prayers have been answered in a few ways today. I was very impressed by the talk given by Elder Andersen this morning in the Mormon general conference. I was touched because of the message of peace that can come from learning about and living like the Savior. As I deal with depression and am recovering from a traumatic experience as well as my husband's battle with depression, the need for a Savior is larger than it's ever been in my life. This talk was just what I needed to hear today.
I am thankful to have the friendship and love of Brian. He has been the perfect blessing for me these last 6 1/2 years. He is my best friend and is so gentle, loving and empathetic. The kids warm my heart. Calvin is so thoughtful and understands the concept of love more than I could ever imagine. Rebecca loves to spend time with me and she gives the BEST hugs and kisses a person could ever want. My brother Russell sent a text my way the other day when I was feeling low. My friend Dawn was on spring break at her school and without my asking her, she dropped by to watch the kids so tat I could get a haircut and clean the fridge. I needed to know that there were people near to me that cared about and thought about me. I needed to feel worth somebody else's time and that is just what happened when I needed it the most.
Depression is a rough thing to deal with. It's hard for me some days to feel that God is there, but when I need to feel it the most, somebody steps in and reminds me that I am not forgotten, that I am loved and that there is a great healing power in the atonement of Jesus Christ. I believe in a God, I believe in a Savior, and I believe that people have divine goodness in them and I believe that I am being guided each day.
I felt I needed to share that. When I feel these overwhelming feelings that come from Heaven, I just want to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment