School started on Tuesday and I am very excited about my classes. I am signed up for 16 credits and the classes I am taking are: Stress Management, Mind/Body Health, Health Behavior Change, Human Biology, Technology in Public Health, and the one I can't wait for(I haven't been to that one yet) is a guided research class on Childhood Obesity!
I declared Public Health Promotion as my major the other day, and I think I will enjoy it a lot! I want to minor in Gerontology, and it will only add 16 credits to my program. Here is my dilemma, let me know what you think. Brian is on track to graduate in august. The masters program will start the end of August. If he doesn't get in to the program at BYU, I don't know what I am going to do.
Here are my options
1. I can save a lot of the classes that are offered independent study, and just finish my major on the computer wherever we end up, but I don't think I would be able to complete the minor. He will also finish his masters before I would be able to finish mine, and we'll be in the same boat I'm in now, because he will have to go somewhere to start a PhD and I will only be half way done with my masters.
2. Brian can get a paid internship for a year and then try to get in and we'll go wherever we end up and I'll be done with my undergrad. This way, we can both start and finish our master's programs at the same time.
3. There are more options that I don't know about???
Meanwhile, I'll just keep on taking a ton of credits and enjoy my time here.
I hope this makes sense because I'm not the best at writing.
2 comments:
I don't know of any other options for you. What I did was finish all my major classes without a minor (I wish I had enough time to get one) and just saved a few I.S. classes that I am finishing up right now. I will what until after Mikes finished with his first year of residency before I get my masters. My situation is a bit different with Lillie. I hope everything will work out for you.
It is so hard to figure out education schedules. I would say focus on your major and save some for IS but it is a tough call, good luck figuring it out.
Post a Comment