I was just thinking it has been 2 years since I met Brian and decided I would share our story. We were in the same Biology class and lab. In lab we sat next to each other and we didn't really talk much at all. We also happened to study in the same section of the library at the same time almost every single day. Still, we didn't talk much. Two months went by and I invited him to play ultimate frisbee with some friends (and a few of my crushes). He seemed to be excited, and I was ecstatic! Right after class we both went to the library to study (not together). When I came out of the bathroom, Brian was standing there (totally waiting for me). I said hello and asked what he was doing, and this was his cover up. "I've walked past this display case every day and I've never taken the time to look at it." He was actually walking over to ask me out to lunch and I got up and walked to the bathroom right before he got to my computer. I'm so glad he didn't chicken out when he saw me walk away!
Both Brian and his brother Andy were in my lab. This was a little confusing because I couldn't remember if his name was Brian or Andy. I was pretty sure it was Brian, but I wasn't sure enough to say it. I had my roommate introduce herself to him and instead of saying I'm Brian, he said "nice to meet you." By the time we finally played frisbee, I still wasn't sure. This tortured me for a while, but I finally found out by the end of the frisbee game. How embarrasing! I went on 2 dates with him before the game and I didn't even know his name!
We spent every spare minute we could get together and we had a lot of fun. In May, I went to Michigan to visit my brother Ben and his wife Michelle for about a week. I was so excited to go, but when I got there, I was bored out of my mind. All I wanted was to be with Brian. Michelle kept saying I was going to marry him, but I refused to admit I loved him that much. Although I denied it, I knew we were going to get married.
We were married August 24, 2007 in the Idaho Falls Temple, and we're VERY happy!
3 comments:
ohhh erin i love you!! i loved reading your story...haha that is TOO funny that you didn't know his name for sure in the beginning! i wasn't sure of nelson's either!!! haha i heard his friends call him nelson but i wasn't sure if it was his first or last name...so i just didn't say his name for the longest time! isn't being married the best? i sure miss you!
Great story, sorry you were bored in Michigan!
Ahhhhhh... I don't think I had heard the whole story before. Sorry it took so long to comment on this, I read it but life has been seriously hectic lately.
Post a Comment