Saturday, May 1, 2010

Beef-Eye

So... we're trying to sell our housing contract, and we have been cleaning a lot lately. We have been staying on top of the dishes really well in case anyone comes by to look at the apartment, and it looked really good all day today.

Calvin has been grumpy, and we have had a hard time figuring out if he's hungry, tired, or both. He missed his naps today and he's been a real handful.

I decided to try to feed Calvin this afternoon, and I grabbed a jar of baby food pureed beef out of the pantry and stuck in the microwave for about 20 seconds. When I pulled it out the jar felt really warm, and I thought I'd stir it so that Calvin didn't burn himself.

Instead, as soon as the spoon hit the surface of the pureed beef, the whole thing exploded in my face. The beef cooked onto my right eyeball, and my face, and my hair, and the table, and the walls, and the refrigerator, and the pantry, and the floor, and the ceiling...

So we cleaned again.

3 comments:

Don Harris said...

As I read about the pureed beef going into the microwave I was thinking....uh-oh....I am glad there was no permanent damage. Your Calvin is so adorable!!

Rachel Leslie said...

I just cleaned my entire house (for the first time in a long time) and all I can say is that I'm glad Christian doesn't eat solids yet.

Noelle said...

I can't get the image of beef cooking into your right eyeball out of brain . . . On a related note, we should go to the park with Calvin and Luke again if it ever decides to be spring again.