Brian and I have been working really hard this past little while on creating and actually implementing a realistic budget in our home. It has been very fun and rewarding trying to be wise stewards over what Heavenly Father has blessed us with. We've been trying to figure out what kinds of things we can do to save a dollar here and there. Some of the things we've thought of are; turning off the lights each time we leave a room and only using them if we need to, walking more often, not using hot water as much as possible, purchasing used clothing, and donating plasma (a great second income if you ask me). We've felt a great urge to get our house in order and it has been a lot of fun. What kinds of things do you do to save money? We are very interested to see what others do and to get some ideas.
I was thinking of making my own cleaners, have any of you done this before, and have you found that it saves money or just makes more work for no return?
4 comments:
That all sounds really good! Don't you love the money that comes from plasma! It has definitely been a life saver for us! I have heard making your own soap is not to hard, but I have never tried. Our biggest money waster is on food, so we have really tried to cut back in grocery shopping as well as stoping at the quick cheap food (that really isn't that cheap when you add it all up!) Sorry I we haven't gotten together yet, I have been a slacker, but I am starting to feel like I got the hang of things, so we will have to get together!
Live in an old woman's basement and work for rent?
No big deal Stephanie! It is hard to learn how to be a mom, especially when the little baby doesn't eat, sleep and poop at the same time every day. ;)
i've tried the homemade cleaner thing... it might save some money but not much and i really don't think it cleans that well, and it leaves things smelling like vinegar :( i'm happy with windex...
Post a Comment