
Tuesday afternoon I told myself (after complaining for the last few weeks about being pregnant), "I can do this for 2 more weeks. It won't be that bad" Tuesday night, my contractions started. I should be more positive more often! I had my prenatal massage that Brian got for my Christmas present scheduled for Thursday, but I guess it wasn't meant to be!
Rebecca Harris was born 1/25/12 at 4:35 pm. She is a great baby. We don't have hospital pictures because I didn't think I'd be admitted because my labor slowed down on our way there, so we left my bag in the car. Right before Brian was going to go to the car to get our stuff, I was ready to push. I was admitted to the hospital at 1:30 (dilated to a 4), my water broke at 2:30, I got my epidural at 3:30 and at 4:00 I was at a 5 and then by 4:15 I was ready to push. The doctor got there at 4:25 and Rebecca came 10 minutes later. I hope the rest of our kids come that fast and easy! Here are some pictures (I'll get some with Calvin). It's been rather busy here with no moms, so pictures have been on the back burner for now.
Calvin loves his little sister. He gives her lots of kisses, and he laughs at all of the funny squeaks, etc that she makes. I never told Calvin how the baby came out, but today he said "Mommy has a hurt tummy from pushing and pushing Rebecca out." I thought it was pretty cute.
5 comments:
She snorts all the time. Loudly. It's really funny because she'll cry and cry and cry and SNORT, and cry and cry and cry and SNORT, and we can't help laughing at her.
Yeah! Congrats! I am so happy for you guys! She is beautiful
Congratulations! She looks very healthy and cute :) don't forget to take pictures, you'll want them later!
i'm so glad everything went so well and so quick. i'm sure calvin's a helpful big brother too.
Congratulations, you two! Hooray for baby Becca!!!
Post a Comment