Monday, February 13, 2012
Calvin Singing
Calvin has really been into singing the last month. He can't go to bed without singing a few songs. He learns so quickly. He knows most of the words to most of the songs we sing to him, but this one is my favorite that he does. Today when Brian came home to eat lunch, Calvin got so excited and started singing it to Brian. Needless to say, it made Brian feel like a million bucks.
Brian sang "A Child's Prayer" to Calvin one day, and he thought the line "Suffer the children to come to me" was hilarious. So Brian told him the story Calvin is telling in this video
On another note. Our home teachers came to our house yesterday, and the lesson was on a talk given by President Eyring called "Exhort Them to Pray"
Adam who is a junior in high school taught the lesson. It was very simple, but good. He had each of us share some recent experiences we've had with prayer, and I wanted to put them on the blog for the sake of remembering, but also because I think that seeing a child experience the holy ghost is amazing and I wanted to share.
This is the experience I shared. For the last couple of weeks (about a week before Rebecca was born), Calvin has struggled with staying in bed. He keeps coming out with different excuses and we fall for it all the time. I need to use the toilet, or I'm still hungry, etc. We decided to put him in his pack n play as a consequence for not staying in his room. One particular night, Calvin would not calm down. Before I went in his room, I said a short prayer, asking Heavenly Father to help me be patient and to know how to help Calvin feel better, but still follow through with the consequence of sleeping in the pack n play. When I went in, I told him that if he is sad, he can say a prayer to feel happy. As soon as we started to pray, his whole body went calm and he went to sleep within minutes of saying the prayer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That was pretty darn adorable.
Bo and I loved those videos. So cute.
Post a Comment