was so patient. She just waited her turn while I finished helping Calvin (2 1/2 at the time) with whatever he needed. God knew exactly what I needed at that time. I was dealing with post-partum depression and had debilitating back pain for a little over a year after she was born. He knew that I needed a quiet, patient, and snuggly little companion to help me get through those hard days.
She's wanted to move and push her physical limits from a young age. As soon as she mastered one skill, she was already onto the next. 2 days after she learned how to crawl, she was cruising along furniture. I spent MANY days sitting next to the stairs anticipating her falling down them. She learned how to do things at the park at age one that Calvin learned at age 3. Just like her brother Calvin, she is learning to talk A LOT and she's got half of her alphabet learned (all credit goes to her big brother, and her ABC toys). She is still a sucker for hugs and kisses. She always wants to be held and nuzzled by her mommy. At times I hate holding a heavy toddler a ton, but when I
remember how fast it goes, I can't help but enjoy those expressions of love and trust.
My favorite things that she says right now are, "No! Gecka (becca) do it!!", "gaygoo (thank you) mommy", "Mommy happy, daddy happy, Calvin happy, milk happy? NO!" and her prayers. She LOVES to say thank you for all of the things she can think of. I have a good friend named Dawn. She is Rebecca's best friend! The other day, I couldn't get Rebecca to get her coat and boots on to go outside. I finally said, "Let's go see Dawn!" and she ran to the door and demanded her coat, shoes and outside to see Dawn.
Rebecca is a very outgoing little girl. She loves to meet new people, be held, played with and looked at. Calvin always chooses to sit on the front row at church. Becca just stands up on her bench and chats with and watches all of the people behind her. She loves to go to nursery, sleep in her big bed and once in a while (when not fighting) she LOVES her big brother Calvin. She is a SASSY little toddler, but that little sassy pants is one of my best friends. I don't know what I would do without my sweet girl. I am so thankful to God for granting me such a beautiful gift. Happy birthday to my darling Rebecca Harris!



1 comment:
She is such a sweet girl! Just like her mom. :)
Post a Comment